This is a list of fun and helpful things to do at home that reinforce what we are learning in the classroom! Enjoy!
- READ as often as possible! Take turns....have your child read to you one night and the next night you read to them!!
- Make sure to do book-in-a-bag each night!
- Have your child count as high as they can. Try to count a little higher each time!
- Have your child practice writing their first and last name starting their letters at the top and using one capital and the rest lowercase.
- Point out letters and numbers wherever you see them.
- Review the songs and poems that I send home.
Practice your left and right.
Review the letters and sounds we have been learning. Pull out those alphabet flashcards and practice them each day.
Practice sorting (by color, size, shape, etc.)
Write as often as you can. Write your sight words, write a letter to someone, help write the grocery list, keep a journal!
- Empty your piggy bank and count and sort the coins in there.
- Use objects (cheerios, cookies, matchbox cars, toys) around the house to practice adding and subtracting.
- Skip count by 10's, 5's, and 2's.
- Use scraps around the house to make awesome art projects.
- Draw and color!
- Take nature walks.....EXPLORE!
- HAVE FUN!!!